I know, I know, I’m a bit late to the “Best of 2012″ party but I wanted to wait to see 3 major Oscar contenders (Amour, Zero Dark Thirty, The Master) before I made my final lists. In the mean time, I figured I could still at least show you all the next entry in this year’s Rorschach Awards, in which I give nominations for the kind of categories the Oscars will never include.
As you might recall, I held part 1 of my Rorschach Awards nearly a month ago, in which I had all of you nominate and vote for your favorite movie bloggers. With over 500 votes cast, it was a huge success and a lot of fun to put on. The next three parts will consist of three different classifications for the best and brightest of 2012:
- My nominees for my own set of categories, including Funniest, Most Surprising, etc.
- Who I would have nominated for the major categories of this year’s Oscars
- My Top 10 films of the year
Each of these posts will give my nominees in the form of polls to allow you to vote on each category. After about a week, I’ll post the winners in each category by your vote and the winners in each category by my vote. I would absolutely love to get your input on this so please vote! Without further ado, here are my nominees with links to my reviews of them.
Funniest Movie of the Year
- Pat & Tiffany – Silver Linings Playbook
- Maria & Henry – The Impossible
- John & Lori – Ted
- Django & Broomhilde – Django Unchained
- Charlie & Sam – Perks of Being a Wallflower
- James Bond – Skyfall
- Django – Django Unchained
- Batman/Bruce Wayne – The Dark Knight Rises
- Rama – The Raid: Redemption
- Tony Mendez – Argo
P.S. It had to either be all of the Avengers or none of them, so I just decided to leave them out of this one
- Silva – Skyfall
- Bane – The Dark Knight Rises
- Calvin Candie – Django Unchained
- Pitch – Rise of the Guardians
- Donny (Giovanni Ribisi) – Ted
Do you agree with my picks? Do you have suggestions of your own? Please let me know in the comments below!